Software development manager manages all the activities of the software development group; In conjunction with leadership sets attainable goals to team members in order for the projects to be finished on time; provides guidance to team members to encourage work productivity; makes sure the timeline is followed by the software development group; manages multiple projects at once; ensures appropriate procedures and processes are followed when it comes to software development; represents the software department in meetings; participates in design control activities; monitors, evaluates and ensures the completion of tasks and projects; analyzes software requirements; implements design plans, reviews unit tests; documents software development; monitors status of developing software; writes, reviews and revises product requirements and specifications in conjunction with product manager and leadership; participates in other areas of the software development process; and provides technical support to other company personnel.
We are looking for a candidate that is driven, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, multi-tasks learns quickly, and can adapt to and work well in a very fast-paced distributed environment in the following ways:
- Possess an understanding of development and execution across Web and Mobile interfaces
- Collaborate with the product management team to define features and work with quality assurance to fix defects
- Partner with the customer support team to investigate and solve customer problems
- Expected to prioritize workload and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Act as a leader within the company and be able to think strategically across customers, product lines, and utilization of resources
- Possess a strong blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Working conditions usually revolve around having flexible schedules. Collaborating with different clients worldwide is also possible so there is a possibility of working in unusual hours due to the different time zones.
Required Experience & Knowledge
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or technical field or equivalent practical experience in software development
- 5-10 years’ relevant work experience with 4+ years as a Developer, preferably in cloud-based solutions (SaaS)
- Experience developing software applications and libraries in high-level languages Java. Experience with REST, SOAP, OOP, Design Patterns, TDD, and Agile development practices. Experience with SQL, Hibernate, JDBC. Experience with Maven, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Apache/Tomcat. iOS development experience is desired
- Experience developing high-tolerance, enterprise-level applications with multi-tier experience and reusable components.
- Must be able to see the big picture and manage details with a sense of urgency and sound judgment
- Must possess exceptional troubleshooting skills and be able to assess quickly complex programming applications. Technology may require software development managers to keep up to date with the latest development software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, organizational, and analytical skills
- Possess an entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment
- Experience in both agile and waterfall software development management methodologies
Nice to Have
- Work experience related to the Health Care industry, specifically in HealthIT
- Understanding of both Web and Mobile technologies and/or mobile development background